Who is propper Maintenance?
propper Maintenance is a subsidiary of propper, one of Australia’s fastest-growing and successful real estate start-ups. propper Maintenance is a smart-tech-enabled property maintenance company that launched in Sydney in November 2019 and is fully licensed for Electrical and Plumbing Services, currently operating out of Sydney and Melbourne.
propper Maintenance was launched to provide plumbing, electrical, and general maintenance services to property managers and their properties under management. We are committed to providing our agency partners, their landlords and tenants with speedy resolutions of maintenance and repair requests, quality workmanship, and exceptional customer service.
Due to our growth, we’re looking for an experienced Carpenter/Handyman to join our motivated and professional team in Sydney ASAP!
As our Residential Carpenter & Handyman Maintenance person, you will be responsible for actioning all general maintenance and repairs for our clients. You will work as part of a team of Sydney based trades and supported by our NSW Service Coordinator, who will support you with the job scheduling, quoting, supplies purchasing and invoicing, so you can focus on what you do best – maintenance and problem-solving!
You will action a variety of carpentry work, general maintenance and repair requests for a various range of properties across Sydney (both high end and those which need extra love) and provide a professional, prompt and customer-focused quality service.
To welcome you on board as our next Handyman you will need to demonstrate:
- Exceptional technical knowledge of carpentry work, general property maintenance and repairs issues, with at least 5 years of experience on the tools.
- Quality workmanship and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and pride in your personal presentation.
- Enthusiastic and a fantastic ‘get sh*t done’ attitude.
- Thorough knowledge of building standards, codes and compliance requirements.
- Ability to work autonomously and efficiently.
- Willingness to drive between jobs across the Sydney metro area.
- A capability and willingness to work with technology.
You must have
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Carpenter, Handyman or similar skilled trade.
- A White Card.
- A current NSW Drivers Licence, appropriate vehicle and your own tools of the trade.
- Pride in personal presentation and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in gutter cleans (single and double story) with PPE.
- Garden and Lawn maintenance,
Why come work for us
- Monday to Friday business hours with excellent work-life balance.
- Competitive salary, with vehicle/tools allowance and company provided petrol card/toll account.
- Opportunity to work in a young, rapidly growing company with highly motivated and talented professionals.
- Be part of an amazing start-up culture.
- Be supported by an administration team, so you can stay focused on what you’re good at – being on the tools.